The best rome tours from cruise ship port. Avoid the big bus and reach comfortably Rome on a private shore excursions from Civitavecchia cruise ship port. From the moment you are off the ship your own local driver’s passion and knowledge for history will allow you to take in the most important facts and to enjoy the most important places of the “Eternal city”. From the epic scenes that rocked the Coliseum to the incredible works of Michelangelo and Bernini commissioned by the Popes. Get now your best private rome tours from cruise ship port.
"Rome, a 3000 years masterpiece, home of the Caesars and the Popes."
|PRICE TOUR|| 1->3 || 4->6 || 7->8 ||BOOKING|
|THE BEST OF ROME AND THE VATICAN FROM CIVITAVECCHIA - 9h||€ 500||€ 550||€ 600||BOOK NOW|
* Our prices are per vehicle, not per person, are expressed in euro currency and include tolls, parking fees, fuel and luggage handling.
DURATION OF THE TOUR: 9h
- pickup at 7,30 am in front of the ship, meet your english speaking driving guide and begin your tour in our a/c Mercedes vehicle;
- stop at the most iconic and symbolic monument of the roman culture The Colosseum, visit the inside or just the outside (it’s up to you!);
- stop at Circus Maximus, the "Chariot Races stadium", overlooking the Palatine Hill, where the first house of Rome and the palaces of the emperors are located;
- drive by via del Teatro Marcello with its theatre, temples, ancient arches and the Mouth of Truth with its legend;
- visit Michelangelo's square and enjoy the view of the Ancient Roman Forum, the real heart of the city;
- take pictures of the biggest and youngest monument of Rome, Vittoriano aka "The Wedding Cake";
- stop at the most famous fountain in the world: the Trevi Fountain;
- drive through the exclusive top brands street via dei Condotti just in front of the Spanish Steps;
- stop at the architectural wonder of ancient Rome, The Pantheon;
- lunch time where the locals go, genuine and reasonable, not a tourist trap!;
- visit the Vatican Museums, including the wonderful Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter's Basilica with a licensed private guide or on your own. Meet your driving guide just outside the basilica;
- leave the city before the cruise buses do, so it is impossible to miss the ship. Drop off at 16,30 pm.
- admission ticket to the Colosseum: 14 euros per person;
- admission ticket to the Vatican Museums: 20 euros per person;
- in order to avoid any kind of inconvenient please book online the tickets at biglietteria musei.vatican.va, choose your language and do as it follows:
- click on ADMISSION TICKETS;
- select VATICAN MUSEUMS AND SISTINE CHAPEL;
- select period and patecipants;
- select the DAY OF THE TOUR;
- choose for the entrance at 13,30;
- select the amount of Full price Tickets (adults) and the half price (6-18 years old);
- note that Children under 6 years old don’t pay and don’t need tickets.
- for the "Vatican Museum" and the"Sistine Chapel" we suggest licensed private guides: they are very informative and they know all the shortcuts, so you don’t get lost;the licensed private guide costs 150 euros total, please let us know in advance if you need one;
- please note: the vatican dress code requires shoulders and knees to be covered when entering the religious sites;
- lunch, gratuities and admission tickets are not included;
- children under 6 years old travel for free;
- all rates are payable in euros at the end of the tour. For payments in US dollars or traveler’s cheques we apply the exchange rate of the day of your tour, as stated on “Yahoo Finance” official website plus 5% commission;
- we suggest comfortable walking shoes.
Want more info on rome tours from cruise ship port ?
Don't waste your time, call now +39 3930655978 or CONTACT US