“Experience a town frozen in time. The best preserved archeological site in the world."
Are you looking for a pompeii day trip from rome guided by locals? You're in the right place! Our Pompeii Tours from Rome are the best day trips from Rome in deluxe air-conditioned limo vehicles: book now or CONTACT US and don't forget, you can always personalize!
|PRIVATE TOUR PRICE|| 1->3 || 4->7 || 8 ||BOOKING|
|POMPEII TOURS FROM ROME - 9h||€ 500||€ 550||€ 600||BOOK NOW|
* The prices of our Pompeii tours from Rome are per vehicle, not per person, are expressed in euros and include tolls, parking fees, fuel and luggage handling.
Among a huge variety of attractions this place offers, we show you an example of a day trip to pompeii from Rome based on what our clients enjoy the most.
ESTIMATED DURATION OF THE TOUR: 9h
- pick up at 7:00 at your hotel. Meet your English speaking driver guide at the lobby and begin your tour in our a/c Mercedes vehicle; ride to Pompeii (2.20 hours drive);
- Visit the Pompeii archeological site, with a private guide or on your own, experiencing life as it was in 79 a.d., when the volcano Vesuvius erupted freezing the village and its inhabitants in time 2.5 hours inside the ruins);
- enjoy a fine local lunch in a family owned restaurant (not a tourist trap!) or a sandwich if you prefer;
- drive back to your hotel in Rome.
- lunch, gratuities or admission tickets to the sites are not included;
- admission ticket for Pompei ruins: 13 euros per person;
- for the Pompei ruins visit we suggest licensed private guides: they are very informative and they know all the shortcuts, so you don’t get lost. licensed private guides costs 150 euros total;
- all rates are payable in euros at the end of the tour. For payments in in US dollars or traveler’s cheques we apply the exchange rate of the day of your tour, as stated on “Yahoo Finance” official website plus 5% commission;
- we suggest comfortable walking shoes.
Visiting Pompeii is not like a museum, is as live again in an ancient roman commercial town of 3 Km. Buildings, temples, shops catched in the time of the eruption.
The city of Pompeii was an ancient Roman town-city near modern Naples in the Italian region of Campania, in the territory of the comune of Pompei. Pompeii, along with Herculaneum and many villas in the surrounding area, was mostly destroyed and buried under 4 to 6 m (13 to 20 ft) of ash and pumice in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.
The eruption destroyed the city, killing its inhabitants and burying it under tons of ash. Evidence for the destruction originally came from a surviving letter by Pliny the Younger, who saw the eruption from a distance and described the death of his uncle Pliny the Elder, an admiral of the Roman fleet, who tried to rescue citizens.
- day trip from rome
- italy tours
- short day trips from rome
- pompeii tours from rome
- day tours from rome
- best tours of italy
- day trips from rome
- tour of italy
- tours of italy
- guided tours of italy
- private tours of italy
- best italy tour companies
- italy tours 2018
- small group tours of italy
- escorted tours of italy