“Experience the town Under the Tuscan Sun and give your soul serenity in Saint Francis hometown."
Day trips from Rome - This day trip from rome to Assisi will fill your soul and mind. You will visit a wonderful medieval village and enter one of Italy’s most important cathedrals in Assisi, World’s Center of Peace and home of St. Francis, and you will see Cortona, the town where Under the Tuscan sun was filmed.
|TOUR PRICE|| 1->3 || 4->6 || 7->8 ||BOOKING|
|ASSISI AND CORTONA FROM ROME- 11h||€ 500||€ 550||€ 600||BOOK NOW|
* Our prices are per vehicle, not per person, are expressed in euros and include tolls, parking fees, fuel and luggage handling.
Among a huge variety of attractions this place offers, we show you an example of a day trips from Rome based on what our clients enjoy the most. But don't forget, you can always personalize!
ESTIMATED DURATION OF THE TOUR: 11h
- pick up at 7:30 at your hotel. Meet your english speaking driver at the lobby and begin your tour in our a/c Mercedes vehicle;
- drive to Cortona, a stunning little hill top town of ancient origins, the setting of the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun", with a romantic medieval architecture;
- enjoy a delicious lunch in a local restaurant (not a tourist trap!);
- drive to Lake Trasimeno and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Umbrian countryside;
- ride to Assisi, the superb hilltown birthplace of St. Francis, Patron of Italy. Enjoy a nice walk in the city with its Roman ruins, winding medieval streets, sacred sites and the spectacular Basilica of St. Francis with Giotto's frescoes inside and the tomb of the Saint;
- drive back to your hotel in Rome.
- lunch, gratuities or admission tickets to the sites are not included;
- admission ticket for the Duomo of Assisi: 3 euros;
- children under 6 years old travel for free;
- all rates are payable in euros at the end of the tour. For payments in in US dollars or traveler’s cheques we apply the exchange rate of the day of your tour, as stated on “Yahoo Finance” official website plus 5% commission;
- the vatican dress code requires shoulders and knees to be covered when entering the religious sites;
- we suggest comfortable walking shoes.
Want more info on best private day trips from Rome?
Don't waste your time, call now +39 3930655978 or CONTACT US